The purpose of the Kidventure Children’s Ministry at Hosanna! is to support families by providing space, opportunities, and resources for children to encounter Christ, to experience His love, and to be transformed by that experience. We guide kids to find their personal relationship with God, and to develop a deep connection to a faith community. We strive to give them a sense of purpose with their faith by providing opportunities to serve others.
Hosanna was an early and passionate adopter of Safe Community practices designed to foster a safe place for children and others to worship and learn. We take seriously the safety of children in our church and in the wider community.
Ongoing Kidventure Activities
- Opportunity to join in with Worship on Sundays at 9:30
- Kidventure Sunday school classes from 9:45-11:00. Meadowlands is our nursery; Hikers our preschoolers; Explorers K-3rd grade; and Path Finders 4th-6th grades.
- Heavenly Hearts Choir September-May Sunday’s from 11:15-12:15. We sing in church throughout the year, at Christmas, and culminate with a fun musical in the spring.
- Kids Club June-August Sunday’s 11:15-12:15 A time to explore Gods’ world through games, outside activities, art and music.
- Vacation Bible Adventure-held in June with a different, Jesus-filled, fun-filled focus every summer.
- Fall Family Activity in October
Our guiding principles for Kidventure come from Micah 6:8: “You must act with justice. You must love to show mercy. And you must be humble as you live in the sight of your God” (NIrV). The kids and volunteers in Kidventure endeavor to do all three as they follow Jesus in this life:
- Act Justly-Love yourself, and be honest and fair.
- Love Mercy-Love and forgive each other.
- Walk Humbly-Walk simply upon God’s world and take care of it.
We would love to have your children join our Jesus-centered, children-focused Kidventure! For more information contact Director of Children’s Ministries Kelly Kirk-Wentzel at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the church office at 717-626-2560.